just as a nice change of pace, today i will discuss delightful things. let's see. where to start?
1) a delightful memory: in fifth grade, we had classroom auctions. my favorite thing i ever bought at one of these auctions was a typewriter. i still own this typewriter, although it is sitting in my parents' basement. i think typewriters are super cool. i love the noise they make. however, when i am writing on my computer, i edit while i type. so...that would be tedious and awful on a typewriter. also, typewriters make me think of frank in you've got mail.
2) a delightful movie: you've got mail. enough said. but not really...enough good things could never be said about this movie. i love it, and it tightly binds my heart with mj and jb's.
3) a delightful near-future event: jb is turning 30 in a few weeks! this is wonderful, because she has graced the world for three decades. and because it means i get to go to wisconsin.
4) a delightful near-past event: i helped pull out one of shorty mcgee's teeth last week. she was a lot like heather in this whole process...as in, i could have blown on it to make the tooth fall out...that's how loose it was. ha.
5) a delightful medical update: i used to have nosebleeds alllllllll the time when i was little. but with the exception of being smashed in the face with a broomball stick and a frisbee, i can't think of any other recent nosebleeds. heehee...i know you want to see this picture. classic.
(for those of you unfamiliar with the situation, i was playing broomball with junior high students and took a stick squarely to the face. this picture was a few days after it occurred. the result was a shattered nose, stitches, and two black eyes. it.was.awesome. (aside within an aside here: when i say it was awesome, i legitimately mean that. i love injuries, and this was the first time i had ever gotten stitches.))
6) a delightful heart thing: our small group started last thursday, and i really love them. i love them so much that i created a spreadsheet that has multiple tabs, and i contemplated how i could incorporate conditional formatting. community and spreadsheets. yesss. which obviously leads me to...
7) a delightful work thing: spreadsheets are sooooo great! i like that i have a job where i get to use them with regularity.
8) a delightful sports thing: i am delighted by the number of badgers in the super bowl this year.
9) a delightful food thing: aunt sue's tea house in marion certainly qualifies as delightful. mmm. tea. scones. i am drooling just thinking about it. must.roadtrip.soon.
i bet you didn't know i had ten delightful things in me today, huh? here it is:
10) a delightful truth: winter ends. it always does.