quite simply, training for a marathon is unlike anything else i have done before. i have experienced many changes in my life in the past month, and i am interested/horrified to see what else might occur in the next three months.
here are some fun facts:
- my 29.5 year-old body is not the same as my 14.5 year-old body. oh.my.heavens. (yeah, my freshman year of high school was my peak running time)
- though i have been a runner for a good portion of my life, i never experienced common runner ailments...like blisters. or chafing. i think i am currently making up for lost time.
- after long runs, my face is literally caked with salt. awesome visual.
- don't forget about those sausage fingers. i look ridiculous as i raise my arms in the air while running in an effort to drain fluid from my hands. super cool.
- vanilla gu tastes better than blackberry.
- when running inside, i am in charge of counting laps, and liz in charge of our pace. we have serious problems if we attempt anything different.
- i have faithfully taken a multi vitamin, fish oil, and glucosamine every day for the past month. that is a big deal.
- i get in my head too much when i run.
- i eat like a crazy person when i am training. a crazy person with a tapeworm.