Tuesday, March 29, 2011

faith and school: balance and rest

it was good for my heart to be reminded of this today:

'we are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing...and so, Lord, where do i put my hope? my only hope is in you.' psalm 39:6-7

there's a lot going on with just one month left in the semester. lots of work events, lots of school projects. and these things matter. i should be giving a quality effort for this stuff. but at the end of the day (and at the end of days), the important thing to remember is that my hope is in Christ. all my busy rushing ends in nothing.

reflecting on that...and making space for healthy, restful choices...these things help me maintain balance in my life in the midst of the crazy. say it with me:

it is good for me to get sleep. to go for runs. to fix delicious meals. to sit and play my guitar. to read and write.

so...how are you finding balance and rest in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment