Saturday, January 1, 2011

the monthly cooking segment

it appears i started a new tradition last year.

as some of you are aware, i made it a goal to cook a real meal for other people once a month during my 27th year of life. so my meal for december 2009 was for my parents and younger sister.

since i am kind of lame and didn't make any effort to have a social life last night, i rang in the new year with my parents again. so i fixed the same meal.

the meal: corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions, and beets...with a side of sweet and sour tossed salad (iceberg, romaine, spinach, red onion, and mandarin oranges with a homemade dressing).

it turned out well. :)


i also posted a new poem.

stay tuned next week for the big announcements about my plans for the blog, the new year, etc.

1 comment: