Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my writer's credo

"our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it."
steven pressfield, the war of art


i am a writer. i am thankful and blessed that God has made me this way. he has given me a creative outlet to express all the deep, secret, and sacred things i feel in this life. each day, i will acknowledge this gift and use it to the best of my ability. i will not waste what he has given me, and i will strive to glorify him with every word i produce. i am a writer. i am built to bring voice to hidden and holy things. my calling is greater than just to exist. i am a bearer of divine expression. i give shape to formless dreams and ideas, craft something tangible out of simple hope and wonder, and speak for the voiceless. i am a writer for the Father's honor and glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment